Monday, June 6, 2011

le weekend

It was beautiful this weekend, sunny and not-too-terribly hot.

We spent time by the pool, relaxing and trying to darken our skin a few shades.

We went to Pinkberry to cool off with some delicious pomegranate & mango frozen yogurt...

We found an enormous mutant wasp thing. I was about to go out and water my plants, when I saw it on our patio door.
{Don't worry, we were separated by the glass}

Have you ever seen such an ugly and evil looking creature?
* Shudder * It was HUGE.

I haven't set foot outside our patio door since we saw it.
It could be a while before my plants get watered.

We spent considerable time cleaning and tidying this weekend (and when I say we I mean Thomas). The man can't sit still.

I did some cooking.

Last night we had mini margherita pizzas with asparagus and portabello mushrooms.

The mini pizza bases are made with slices of bread, brushed with extra virgin oil and lightly toasted under the broiler.

Toppings: sliced tomatoes, roughly chopped sundried tomatoes, and chopped fresh basil.
[And freshly ground salt & pepper]


Finished off with mozzarella cheese...

...and put back under the broiler for 2 or 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted.

Asparagus is one of our favorite vegetables.

I usually sauté it in a little bit of olive oil, with a couple of cloves of minced garlic and a little squeeze of lemon juice, and some sea salt and black pepper.

Portabello mushrooms are a fairly recent discovery of mine.

I like to sauté them with olive oil and a couple cloves of minced garlic (we like garlic around here), and once the mushrooms start releasing their juices, I add some red wine and some sea salt.

Then I let it all simmer together for 10 or 15 minutes.


... and dinner is served, with some delicious Australian Yellowtail moscato.



Later today, Thomas's parents and two youngest brothers are arriving to spend a few days with us... lots of fun times to be had!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers