Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I can hardly believe it.

Honestly, it still has not sunk in that I'm pregnant. Apart from the constant need to pee, and the occasional twinge of queasiness [yup, that started yesterday... oh joy], I have to keep repeating to myself over and over "I'm pregnant"... "I'm having a baby"... "There's a baby inside me right now" and so on.

Having a baby was just so far from our thoughts and plans right now that I think it will take a while to register that, oh my goodness, in less the 9 months we will actually HAVE a baby. It's incredible to me how two tiny cells (the sperm and the egg, for those of you who didn't pay attention in biology) can meet and then within 40 weeks grow to a fully formed, complex human baby. My baby is only the size of an appleseed this week, but even that is amazing... in the span of maybe three weeks, two microscopic cells collided and developed into a tiny appleseed baby that is already developing major organs like the heart, liver, kidneys, and the nervous, circulatory, and digestive systems.

My mind is constantly racing, jumping from one thought to another... one minute I'll be thinking up fun ways to tell people we're pregnant, and the next I'll be worrying about where we're going to live, then I'll be dreaming up cute outfits and wondering if Baby Appleseed will be a boy or a girl, and then I'll be wondering what the next 8 months of pregnancy are going to be like. It's a miracle that I ever manage to fall asleep. But then again, I am so tired that falling asleep is not really a problem.

* Yawn * speaking of sleeping...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers