Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DPP Day 14 {Homemade goodness}

I love making food from scratch with fresh  ingredients. We do eat processed/packaged food once in a while (read Kraft Mac 'N Cheese), but I always feel a little icky after eating it... sometimes I can just taste all those preservatives and chemicals. Tonight I put my blender to good use and made salsa and guacamole from scratch with fresh veggies... tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, lime, garlic... avocados... yum. I love living in Texas because fresh fruits and vegetables grown on local farms are readily available year-round. Did I mention that the forecast for tomorrow is 76*F?

December Photo Project

Day 14 - Salsa & guacamole. I leave the avocado pit in there because it stops the avocado from turning brown. We ate it all up for dinner. Except for the pit. We didn't eat that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers