Thursday, July 21, 2011

Daniel's Graduation {England, post 5}

Daniel graduated from the University of Bristol this past Tuesday, July 19th.
Which also happens to be mom's birthday :)
So we had double the reason to celebrate.

Mom and Dad were able to go to the graduation (each graduate only got 2 tickets).
Matt and I stayed at home and watched it streamed live online.
I sent mom with my camera to take lots of pictures.

The night before graduation we met up with some of Daniel's friends and their parents for dinner at a Chinese restaurant.


Before they headed off to the graduation.

Daniel in his gown.

Daniel and his friend Jed.

Daniel and another friend.

In front of Daniel's buildings/places where his classes were. I think.

The place where the graduation was held.

Daniel in the crowd.
Waiting to go across the stage.

And there he goes.

Pictures afterwards. I have no idea who most of these people are.
:)



Then, they rushed home to take pictures with me and Matt before Daniel had to turn his gown back in.






With his hood on. [In England they do hoods, instead of those funny hats with tassels like I had in the U.S.]

Haha.

 The back.

We are having proper graduation (and mom's birthday) celebrations on Saturday, since Tuesday was a whirlwind... and mom and dad left yesterday for a conference until Saturday.

So right now the boys and I are holding down the fort.
I'm cooking up all sorts of food for them (today I made chicken fajitas to show them what they're missing out on by not living in Texas), and we're watching lots of movies and generally having a good time.

1 comment:

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers