Tuesday, July 19, 2011

8 weeks & 9 weeks

I'm going to squish these two updates together, because I'm 9 weeks pregnant today and I still haven't done an 8 week update.


How far along: 8 weeks (on July 12th) and 9 weeks (July 19th) 

Baby size: 8 weeks - raspberry, 9 weeks - green olive.

Total weight gain/loss: Nothing's changed so far.

Sleep: I sleep pretty well with the Unisom, but it's hard to wake up in the mornings.

Movement: It'll be a while before that happens.

Food cravings/aversions: Salty, sour, and spicy foods. I had a MAJOR craving for Pinkberry (a frozen yogurt place in Dallas) when I woke up one morning. I've also been craving tomatoes... I eat at least three big tomatoes every day, sliced with freshly ground salt and pepper. Yummy. My husband is back in Dallas already, and he's been going to all my favorite places to eat and telling me about it... and of course, then I start wanting what he had. He went to Olive Garden and got the steak gorgonzola alfredo pasta, which is my all time favorite... and he also went to Pinkberry. And In N Out Burger. I hate him. But not really.

Pregnancy symptoms: I'm feeling generally pretty good... if I let myself get too hungry, or if I eat a big heavy meal then my stomach gets uncomfortable... but other than that, the Unisom and vitamin B-6 take good care of me :) I'm still pretty tired all the time. And I got a few headaches last week... one that lasted ALL night and I couldn't get rid of it. I think I hadn't had enough water to drink.

What I miss: Nothing much... maybe being able to eat more than one piece of pizza at a time or eat greasy things like fish 'n chips without feeling gross afterwards. 

What I'm looking forward to: The end of the first trimester... I can't wait to tell the world about Baby Appleseed! We're going to a reunion for the hubby's side of the family at the beginning of August, and we're going to tell Baby Appleseed's uncles (all FIVE of them!). The hubby's parents know already, but his brothers don't. I'm also looking forward to seeing my hubby again after three weeks away from him!

Milestones: At 9 weeks, Baby Appleseed has graduated from being an embryo to a fetus! He has lost his little embryonic tail and looks a little more like a real baby. He's a whole inch long!

Best moment of this week: I think I found a name for Baby Appleseed! If he's a boy, anyways :) Which I'm pretty sure he is. I still need to put it past the hubby... but it's one that he's already said he likes.

Pregnancy moments with the hubby: Well he's in Dallas and I'm in England at the moment... so he does cute things like saying goodnight to Baby Appleseed when we chat, and sends kisses to him/her. Baby Appleseed talks to his daddy in a * little tiny squeaky voice * and says goodnight too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers