Monday, January 31, 2011

sunshiny weekend

It was truly beautiful this weekend. The sun was out, the breeze was gentle, and the temperature was perfect.

There was much lazing about in the sun on Saturday, with the sliding patio doors wide open.

Breakfast outside in the sun.
Lying on the carpet with sun streaming through the open door, reading about Caesar Augustus.
Blowin' in the wind

I like this picture because I unwittingly caught my reflection in the glass patio door as I was messing around with the camera trying to capture the bright sunny perfection of the day.

This is a weird angle because I was lying on the floor, but I like the sunny rays...

Feet being warmed.
This picture is blurry, but I like it because it captures our day nicely... lazy and sunny, with the shadows growing longer in the late afternoon.

Sunday was more busy, but just as perfect weather-wise. We went for lunch at a taco place with our small group after church, and we sat out on the restaurant patio in the sun while we ate.

I'm soaking up the good weather, because this week a cold front is coming in. Texas weather is so unpredictable. It was 75 degrees Fahrenheit this weekend, and they're predicting ice and snow and temperatures below freezing from Tuesday through Friday. I don't mind it though, because I know it will only be a little while before the happy warm temperatures are back.

{I just realized I got through a whole blog post and only barely mentioned food!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers