Friday, January 28, 2011

Panini

For those of you who might not know, a "panini" is a fancy Italian name for a toasted sandwich of deliciousness. We have a shiny new panini press/grill [which was a wonderful gift from Uncle Mark and Aunt Cathy Driver - thank you!], and I have been dying to try it out all week. Today I got my act together and made some Italian bread (ie. I put my bread machine to work), so we could have authentic paninis for dinner.

{Sidenote: I might just change the title of this blog to the Congdon Food Chronicles, because let's be honest, it's pretty much all I write about}

Assembly station:
Tomatoes, chopped kalamata olives, garlic, sauteed cremini mushrooms, avocado, chopped fresh basil leaves, some feta cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
And, of course, the still-warm loaf of Italian bread fresh out of the bread maker.

All loaded up.

The panini press at work, toasting the sandwiches.

Dinner is served.

And it was very good. I felt like I was eating dinner in a cafe in Italy. Not really, but it did taste wonderful.
[I wish I was in Italy. That would be lovely.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers