Saturday, March 5, 2011

my return to housewife-ness

Now that my classes are basically over, I have returned to my regularly scheduled cooking & food blogging.
Yay!
I went a little crazy last night and made a four-course meal.

First course: Appetizers - waterwheel crackers with gorgonzola cheese.

Second course: Butternut squash soup, with toasted homemade bread

Third course [the main course]: Filet mignon medallions with gorgonzola cheese melted on top, with roasted baby red potatoes, steamed brocolli, and mushrooms saut√©ed with butter, lemon and garlic.

The sides.

The steak before the cheese.

With the cheese... it tasted SO GOOD.

And the fourth and final course: dessert!
Angel food cake, with sliced strawberries and freshly whipped cream.
The perfect light and fluffy dessert after a big dinner.

We took half-hour breaks between courses to let our food settle, so we could fit more in :)
 
I wish I could say that we ate better today, but we had donuts for breakfast and lunch...

But hey, it's the weekend. 

And I'm done with my classes! 
Almost.

1 comment:

  1. I have just discoved your blog and have really enjoyed reading! :)

    That is one great meal! Amazing. I don't think I could have cooked (or eaten!) all that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...