Sunday, November 27, 2011

twenty-three, and a few other things

I've been slacking on the blog front... I've been in too much of a "nesting" get-things-done mode, I think.

We had our birthday a couple weeks ago... Nov. 9th, to be precise. We turned 23.

I always thought that when I was this "old" I would feel grown-up. Ha. Despite the fact that I'm married and having a baby in February I still feel like a youngster :)

It's fun sharing a birthday with Thomas. We went on our birthday date the Sunday before our birthday. We're both suckers for fondue, so we went to the Melting Pot... we had cheese fondue, salads, a main course, and then chocolate fondue! I felt (and looked, I'm sure) like I was pregnant with twins when we got done eating! Our waiter was super nice; when he found out it was both of our birthdays, and that we were having a baby, he brought us chocolate-covered strawberries with our chocolate fondue:



On our actual birthday we went out for lunch on Thomas's break and in the evening we continued our tradition of picking out ice-cream cakes for each other :)

The M&M one is Thomas's.

I got a sewing machine for my birthday, so I've been busy getting supplies and starting a few easy sewing projects :) Thomas has been swamped with work and grad school.

And before we knew it, it was Thanksgiving...

We spent it with the Whitson family, who are good friends from Kenya.
I got a few candid shots of people, but I forgot to take pictures of the beautifully set tables and yummy food.





Thomas had Thursday and Friday off work and grad school, which was a much-needed break. We kept busy though, running errands and even venturing out to do some shopping on Black Friday. We did more shopping on Saturday (Black Friday seems to have been stretched to last all weekend...), and also looked at some more apartments. We went on a couple little dates... to our favorite restaurant, Royal Thai, and to the Original Pancake House... both of which I had been craving.

We fully intended to decorate for Christmas today, but ended up going out and buying a filing cabinet and sorting through the many piles of papers in our house instead. This "nesting instinct" is no joke, people. I can't stop until everything in the house is in order! I can't wait until we can move and get settled and everything has a place... because right now we just don't have enough room. Baby stuff is taking over. Our dining area is completely overtaken by a stroller, a bassinet, and a bouncy seat. And some trunks that I'm repacking.

I just remembered I have large piles of laundry to fold and put away... must. go. be. organized. And then sew baby blankets.

I'll leave you with this picture of my 28.5 weeks pregnant self... looking & feeling a just a little worried at the fact that I'm already this huge and have 11.5 more weeks left to grow!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    You are hilarious! And the picture of you and baby bump is precious!! Happy Birthdays, and Happy Nesting!!

    Auntie Kate Dahlman

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers