Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Home tour

So it's been a couple months since we moved in now, and I finally got around to taking some pictures of our "new" place. I still haven't put stuff up on the walls or hung curtains or anything fancy like that... and the place is rather lacking in furniture... but we like it anyways :)
Let me just begin by saying how frustrated I am with our camera... it's getting a little old and refuses to take clear, well-lit pictures. The pictures all turn out grainy, blurry, or washed out no matter what I do. I want to get one of those fancy ones that has lenses and stuff (and then learn how to use it) because I looooove taking pictures to document our lives (just ask Thomas about that, haha, he gets kind of annoyed with it). I'm a firm believer in that saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" and I want to be able to take beautiful pictures. If only those nice cameras weren't so darned expensive. For now, any picture is better than no picture... so I'll keep taking blurry ones :)

We'll start with the living room.

And here's where you notice the lack of furniture...

Looking from living room into dining area. Ignore the boxes in the corner (it's our "I-don't-know-where-the-heck-to-put-this" pile). The display cabinet holds all of our African/international stuff.

Looking through to the kitchen

One side of kitchen

Other side. Yes, it's that tiny. Never thought I'd say this... but I miss my old kitchen.

Looking through to the dining area.

All-important coffee corner.

French doors through to living area. They're pretty, but annoyingly in-the-way in such a tiny kitchen.

More French doors through to the bedroom and bathroom. 

To the right is the bedroom. 
Various angles:



I love this shoe rack in our bedroom. It makes me feel organized.

This is what you see when you walk into the bathroom... washer and dryer behind French doors.

Turn right into the bathroom

Counter

Yup. That's our little apartment. We have a year-long lease on it, so we'll be moving again next June... to a place with a bigger kitchen and another bedroom or two. The kitchen is the most important room to me. I need space to cook. And shiny appliances :)

And, totally unrelated... the reason for no Menu Monday post this week... Thomas's cousin Ellie flew in from Portland and is staying with us for a night or two. I did make dinner (grilled chicken, baked potatoes and salad)... but didn't take any pictures because we were all too busy talking and eating.

Thomas and Ellie played cribbage and bananagrams... Thomas is happy to have someone who likes to play games around. I'm just not a game person, but he comes from a large family of game lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers